Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Someone stop me!!

Jessica pregnant with second child, Jake, 2007.

In a wild and crazy attempt to multi-task (list to follow) I have injured myself, again. I would post the picture of my boiling water induced burn, but my belly button took a lot of the "heat" (seeing as how it would win me the photo finish of any race). No matter how I try to crop the photo it just looks gross. So, no picture.

This is how it went down.

I was . . .

a) making lasagna
b) making chicken noodle soup
c) trying to balance a 3 year old helper (in plastic princess shoes) on a chair while she watched Lion King over her shoulder
d) talking to my mother-in-law on my husband's super expensive (yet total piece of junk) cell phone.

This is not multiple choice. I was doing all of the above. I was specifically in motion of draining noodles for the soup into an already full sink of other prep items, and saying good-bye to my mother-in-law when I pulled the noodles too fast and the boiling water got me. It left me with a 3 inch burn on my tummy.

Excuse me while I bathe the dog.

I meant to actually take Buzz Lightyear to get him bathed, but I couldn't find his leash. I wasn't about to wrestle/ chase him through the Petzmart, so I bathed him here. I was going to have to clean the floors today anyway. Black dog + white bathroom = yuck.

So if you need me I'll be scrubbing. I will also be washing the clothes I had on five minutes ago, because that exactly how caught up I am on laundry. I also have lasagna and chicken noodle soup (homemade) if you're hungry. I don't know if It's good because I lost my appetite after my scalding.

No comments:

Post a Comment